Phoebe's PLJ" began as a project for my Freshman English class when we were reading Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind". The purpose of the PLJ or Personal Learning Journal was to blog our thoughts on a selection of Pinks exercises throughout his book. I just recently came across this, today in fact. I was looking up creativity blogs on the internet, looking for some inspiration to do, well, anything. As I was reading through them I realized that creativity blogs are no more than random thoughts and tidbits of a persons creative, spiritual, and emotional journey through time. I have decided to make this PLJ not only a personal learning journal, but also my very own Personal Learning JOURNEY, my version of a creativity blog. With that I shall let the journey begin. No, not begin, resume with the journal as my witness.

2/7/08

Meaning:Test Your Spirit

When I began Dr. Jared Kass's online 10 minute test I was scared by the first 8 questions. These 8 questions very quickly reminded me of my church's conformation class I had taken 1 year ago. The idea of conformation classes is to re-introduce teens to God, and give them opportunity to become a member of the church. I have been very involved in my church since I can remember. My parents were married there, I was baptized there, I went to every church camp and Sunday school class, I was part of the children’s choir, and was even castled in a main role in the children’s Christmas play one year. To everyone it seemed natural for me to be a member of the church, I basically already was. My conformation was fairly small, about 10 kids, most of which were new to the church. They all looked to me as the leader who knew all the “correct” answers. I remember thinking and asking myself, are these the “right answers?” I think that everyone has a point in their life where they loose touch with what they really believe.
When taking the test this is what my results were...

GREEN: You have a healthy sense of well-being, but spirituality may not be a strong contributor. Perhaps you have not experienced your spiritual core or you are not giving yourself permission to recognize these experiences. Consider nourishing their development through meditation and inner dialogue. Keep a journal of your inner discoveries.

This test reflects that I am indeed in this part of my life at the moment. I am looking for the meaning in my religious practices. Not so much the what? but the why?, everything has a why we just have to find it.

No comments:

Blog Archive