Phoebe's PLJ" began as a project for my Freshman English class when we were reading Daniel Pink's "A Whole New Mind". The purpose of the PLJ or Personal Learning Journal was to blog our thoughts on a selection of Pinks exercises throughout his book. I just recently came across this, today in fact. I was looking up creativity blogs on the internet, looking for some inspiration to do, well, anything. As I was reading through them I realized that creativity blogs are no more than random thoughts and tidbits of a persons creative, spiritual, and emotional journey through time. I have decided to make this PLJ not only a personal learning journal, but also my very own Personal Learning JOURNEY, my version of a creativity blog. With that I shall let the journey begin. No, not begin, resume with the journal as my witness.

2/12/08

Sir Ken Robinson video reflections

After watching the video, TED Talks, i would jhave to agree with ted on his points. He opens the speach with the question "Do schools kill creativity?". I think that schools do in fact kill creativity. They are very centered on one subject, and they dont let people create their outlet. He also talks about how educators are educating children for a completely uncertain future. The video can be viewed at the following link.
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/66

No comments:

Blog Archive